Friday, July 29, 2011

Head for the Border(s)?

I stopped by the Edwardsiville Borders yesterday afternoon. There were a few games I'd consider picking up at the right price -- Dixit and Castle Panic are the two that I was most interested in. But, the Edwardsville store is still sitting on 20% off, which still leaves the games more expensive than Amazon (which sells them for 26% off MSRP). And, of course that's before I add in sales tax. (I know that I'm supposed to pay the sales tax on Amazon purchases, but the Edwardsville store adds a special TIF-style sales tax that makes it even more than a traditional sales tax.) So, in the midst of a closeout "everything must go" sale, Borders is still more expensive than Amazon. I suppose that there's just nothing more to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment