Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010


I'm working on a trade at Boardgamegeek where I would send an Avalon Hill car racing game from the 1960s called LeMans in exchange for the 2-Player Diplomacy Deck for Here I Stand.

LeMans has sold at Ebay for over $50, but I've only played it once. I own Avalon Hill's Speed Circuit, which is very similar, and Al owns the Descartes Editeur version of Formula De, which is a less technical, but far more attractive open-wheel-racing game. In short LeMans has no real role in my collection, other than as a collector's item.

The 2-Player Here I Stand Deck, on the other hand, would allow Andrew and me to play Here I Stand by ourselves (since putting together a group of six is so difficult). Also, I think that Patrick was really getting a feel for handling the religious roles (and rolls) when we played on January 18th. I think he might enjoy the 2-player game, and, if he practices with the 2-player game, he may be able to take the Protestants the next time we play Here I Stand and need a sixth player.

Before making the trade, I need to double check the components for LeMans (to make sure nothing is missing), and the person on the other end needs to locate his copy of the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment