Saturday, January 15, 2011

EPL 2.0 Playtest

On January 4th, Patrick and I tried out the new version of the English Premiere League game that I discussed in an earlier post. In terms of stats, the model is really nice. Chelsea beat Man City 3-1, with three goals by Drogba and one goal by Adebayor. The total number of shots and saves was perfectly reasonable as well.

I don't know that the game was any more enjoyable than the previous version. To be sure, the number of dice rolls was far lower (for the better). I don't know yet if that will translate into a better gaming experience. Patrick was sick last weekend, and he's busy today, so we probably won't have another test until next weekend. I need to draw up cards for two other teams, since we're getting a little tired of the same two teams. Patrick wants to play Manchester United, and I'll take Tottenham Hotspur for the next test.

If things go well, and I can make a few more teams, I hope to create a page at BoardgameGeek this spring and throw it open for general playtesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment