Monday, May 17, 2010

First Try of Dominion

Patrick wanted to try out Dominion this afternoon. I had ordered it on May 4th when Amazon put it on sale for $36.68. The game was published by Rio Grande Games in 2008 and has already become extremely popular -- boasting three full expansions with another on the way.

The rules are fairly simple, and, once again, Mya's excellent (and funny) Playmobile Legions Review at BoardGameGeek is better than anything I could supply. The game is a little similar to another Rio Grande game that Gillian likes, San Juan. I think San Juan is OK, but I don't really enjoy it that much -- especially with just two people. I'm hoping that Gillian will like Dominion.

I won today's game with 39 points. Andrew finished second with 33, and Patrick had 32. All of us had a good time, and both boys want to play it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment