Saturday, March 13, 2010

Gaming in Jamaica

I spent last week in Jamaica, enjoying some sun and relaxation. Gamewise, I took San Juan and Pandemic, but as it turns out, neither one ever got played. The only game we played was Scrabble Slam (by Hasbro). Gillian's dad (Ollie) won all three games.

Tuesday night a local village, down the hill from our villa (shown in the photo) had loud music playing most of the night. According to the villa's chef, the village was hosting a dominoes tournament. According to him, Dominoes is the most popular board game in Jamaica. From his description, Jamaicans play a simpler (blocking) game (as opposed to scoring games, such as my family's favorite, Muggins).

I took Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #1 and read the rules over the course of the week. Andrew read the rules back here, and we hope to play a scenario tomorrow.

Finally, I took the rulebook for Paths of Glory. I was hoping to play a solitaire game using Wargameroom, but the villa's Internet service was down most of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment