Thursday, February 11, 2010

iPhone games


Gillian and I picked up our new iPhones today, so I thought it would be a good time to write about a few of the games that I have on my iPod Touch (and which I'll add to my iPhone this weekend). The definitive list was created by Alexander Zhang at BoardGameGeek. As of today there are 61 games on the list.

One of my most-played is a Risk-like game (shown above) called Lux. I also have several traditional games like chess, checkers, spades and solitaire. Patrick plays a Farkle-like game called 10,000 Lite, and Gillian's favorite is a word game called Word-Fu.

There are a couple of popular board games that I've never tried that have inexpensive apps. I'm thinking of downloading them just to try them out. These include a Blokus clone called Kibosh, Zooloretto and Hive.

Finally, there are a number of dice-rolling apps. Users can select the number of dice (and even the number of sides) and watch the virtual dice roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment