Sunday, February 14, 2010

Killer Bunnies on Clearance at Target


I was shopping at Target last night, and Killer Bunnies REMIX was on clearance for 30% off. The game is regularly $24.99, but I was able to pick it up for under $18.

The Killer Bunnies series started in 2002 with Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot. I've never played the game (or seen it played), but the idea of a silly card game appeals to me. In Killer Bunnies, players try to manage a group of bunnies and acquire carrot cards. Players can play cards to slow down other players' progress and protect their own bunnies. The cards have funny artwork and (somewhat) clever titles. While the game's ratings at BoardGameGeek aren't all that strong, the game was popular enough that a series of expansion packs have been published over the last eight years -- adding more cards and more silliness.

The set that I picked up at Target -- REMIX -- is a collection of 310 of the best cards from the various sets (as selected by the designers). It's sort of the greatest hits collection of the series. I'm not sure that the game will be that great, but I thought that it would be worth a try for $18. My only concern is that I may have pulled the trigger too fast; my Target had about six copies, and I wouldn't be surprised if a week or two from now I could have picked it up for 50% or 75% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment