Thursday, February 18, 2010

Special (and Not-So-Special) Delivery


The good news is that Descent: Journeys in the Dark (which I ordered on February 15th) arrived yesterday. Amazon Prime comes through again. Hopefully I can skim through the rules this weekend.

The bad news is that the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #1 still hasn't arrived. (See my February 8th post.) I was hoping to have it show up this week, so that Andrew and I could give it a try this weekend. Al volunteered to come over and help us up the learning curve. I'm not optimistic, since Multiman Publishing posted this message at their web page:

Maryland was hammered with snow over the past weekend, with our office receiving over 30". Since this is more than Maryland may see an entire winter, you can imagine the problems the state has clearing roads and getting back to work/school. So, we are likely to be closed the first few days of this week.

Please be patient as we strive to ship preorder copies of Doomed Battalions, Journal #8, and the recent rush of orders for the Winter Offensive Bonus Pack.

Thank you,
MMP


I'm especially concerned for two reasons: (1) Even though the storm ran through Maryland on the 6th and 7th (and the message is dated the 7th), the message wasn't actually posted at their web site until the 15th. (2) They are likely focused on getting their new products out the door, so a lowly single order for an old product may sit in the in-box for awhile.

I'll just have to hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment