Thursday, February 4, 2010

What is That Game Worth?


I found a cool web site today. The creator (known as Spielboy) wrote an Adobe Flash program that searches the BoardGameGeek sales database and presents a time series plot of prices for any game.

The image to the right, for example, shows the results from a search for Avalon Hill's Kingmaker. Each dot represents a Kingmaker sale at the BoardGameGeek martketplace, with the dot's color indicating the game's condition. Based upon this plot, for example, most of the sales during 2009 were of copies that were in "very good" condition, and they sold for between $20 and $50. One new copy apparently sold last year for $80.

Regarding the trade I'm finishing, acceptable copies of LeMans sell for between $25 and $35, while new copies of the Here I Stand 2-Player Diplomacy Deck sell for about $20. So, I guess, in theory, I'm getting the short end. But I'm still happy with the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment